Monday, August 22, 2005

Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!

For a Monday, this one wasn't half bad. For some reason I went to school in an incredibly good mood and therefore had a good day. I rushed out of school as soon as the kids left so I could make it to the gym before my dinner date with Allison tonight, but when I got home to change I noticed something odd... there were NO STAIRS going up to my apartment on the 3rd floor! Supposedly we were "notified" of this last week sometime, but today was the day that they were ripping out all of the front decks with the attached stairs that led to the parking lot. Now I live in an apartment building where my door is on the outside... there is no inside hallways or anything like that. So I came home, got out of my car, and then said very loud so that all of the workers could hear me "ummmm, how am I suppose to get up there" Of course the only person that speaks English says to me, "oh, we need another hour" WHAT?!?!? It's 97 degrees outside and this guy expects me to sit out here for another hour. Hmmmm, I don't think so... So I go to the main clubhouse where they call the foreperson's cell phone and say "this lady has to get into her apartment!!!" He tells her to tell me to come back and they'll help me out. So what they do is put a bunch of wooden beams together that I'm suppose to tight-rope walk on floor by floor until I get up to my door. I do this. It was freaky... and I do this while 10 Hispanic men are trying to make sure I don't plummet to my death. It was seriously one of those moments in life where you're like "Am I being filmed?? Really. Because if I'm not, I should be".

Anyway... I'm suppose to go out to dinner with Allison tonight, but have not yet heard from her... after my half bag of pretzals I'm not feeling so hungry anymore. My sissy sent me some new pictures so I will post them including a few new people that I haven't posted pictures of before! Whoo hoo! I'm sure you're all overjoyed. So this whole entire post is basically pointless... so here are the pics :)

No comments: