Thursday, August 11, 2005

Are you kidding me?

So I haven't posted in like 5.3 million years now... probably because I have NO SPARE TIME TO DO ANYTHING! The only reason I am procrastinating at this precise moment is because I am waiting for an email from a colleague so I can actually attempt my lesson plans, that are due in less than 12 hours. Ok... so, I thought Detroit Public Schools were bad... IT IS CRAZY DOWN HERE! THEY DONT EVEN HAVE UNIONS! And if you are thinking... Shauna, why are you typing in CAPS, CAPS means you are yelling... well yes people, I am yelling. Also, if I see ONE MORE ROACH, I feel I am going to commit suicide. They are EVERYWHERE here... luckily not in my apartment (well, I haven't seen one lately), but I saw one the size of my thumb yesterday in the girls bathroom at school... I ran away. You can't step on the bastards, they have an exoskeleton, damnit. Anyway, my classroom was a DISASTER when I got into it. First off, it literally hadn't been cleaned in a good 5-6 years... although people have supposedly been teaching in it. So, the first thing I did was clear EVERYTHING out of EVERY cupboard which took FOREVER, then I cleaned. Then I proceeded to throw about 1/2 of the stuff that was in the cupboards in the garbage. I found things that belonged to teachers that retired 10+ years ago. Everyone at my school thinks I'm this crazy organized clean freak... which, for those who know me, is quite laughable. They should see my apartment. ANYWAY... YES YES YES I realize I am babbling beyond reasonable thought, but I have not been sleeping much, and... I have not been sleeping much. Ok, I will post pics of my classroom when I am FINISHED with everything in it... which by the grace of God will be tomorrow. I have before pictures, but I don't think those will do the justice in which it deserves... and I don't want to post them until I have AFTER pics to compare it to. Some teachers are ALREADY gossiping about me... but that's probably due to my striking beauty and amazing intelligence. It's no big deal, I just can't BELIEVE school drama has started already... and THE KIDS AREN'T EVEN THERE YET!!! Whatever... Ok, I just re-read this post, and it seems that I am on some kind of drugs... I promise I am not. But because of this, I will end it! I will write again this weekend when I've gotten a bit more sleep and can actually form an intelligent thought in my head.

4 comments:

Missy said...

you think you graduated highschool?! think again! the people in my office gossip just like little kids...and it isn't just the recent college grads, the older adults are even worse. welcome to the workforce! oh, and i am pretty sure all bugs have exoskeletons...although probably not as indestructible as those belonging to roaches :) not sure though

make sure you tell me the first time you tell your class to turn to page 28

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry to hear about the gossip thing. But it will only get worse. Just don't find yourself falling into their trap cause it's really hard to get out of and it'll be a long year! I gotch yo back! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Are there pictures of me all over the room now that you've decorated? By the way, do you want me to come and beat someone up for you? Nobody gets to mess with my baby sister!

Shauna said...

I LOVE my sissy... AND my friends!! It's cool you guys... my friends explained to me today that it probably has something to do with me being white and I have to work my butt off double... hmmm... not the answer I wanted to hear, but, oh well!! I'm over it!!