Tuesday, August 16, 2005

2 down 190something to go...

So, the second day of school is over... it went much better than the first. The first was CRAZY! I called my Mom after and was like, "ummm... Mom? I was just wondering why I went into teaching considering I HATE children. I mean really, hate children. I want to lock them in closets." I feel better today. I had a lot more planned out so things went more smoothly (and I don't really want to lock children in closets). So, I am addicted to the show 24! Where have I been for the past 4 years?!?!? I consider myself the TV show connoisseur, but I totally missed the boat (more like ship) on this one. I rented season 1 from Blockbuster last week and have been going back like every other day. I am psychotically obsessed. Actually, I recently read the definition of psychotic, which states: "Psychopaths are manipulative, charming, glib, deceptive, parasitic, irresponsible, selfish, callous, promiscuous, impulsive, antisocial, and aggressive individuals who have no concern for the welfare of others, experience little remorse or guilt as a result of their injurious and antisocial behavior, do not tolerate delay of gratification, and persevere despite punishment." I guess I should stop using the term psychotically obsessed. I mean, I guess I do not tolerate delay of gratification in a sense considering I go every other day to 1-3 different Blockbusters to actually find the episode DVD I need, but if I hurt someone in the process, I'm sure I'd feel bad about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this your ENTIRE class?!? I can't believe you only have 17 students! You are so lucky! Don't worry about feeling crazy this week...it happens! Once the dust settles, you will be so happy you chose this career! Call me sometime to chat!

Katie

Anonymous said...

goodness why are there only blk kids in that picture. I'd be scared to go everyday

Shauna said...

Are you kidding me? I want to know what anonymous idiot wrote that! I HATE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS!