Saturday, September 10, 2005

No title: because I can't think of anything clever

Oh my goodness, I have not posted in what feels like 18 bazillion years! Sorry for that. I've been incredibly CRAZY busy for the past few weeks... time has flown by. My Mom came to visit last weekend for the long Labor Day weekend, it was AWESOME! We bascially went shopping everyday and just hung out, but it was definitely my idea of a good time.

I can't wait to go home to visit in November! I really miss everyone, I can't believe I've been here for 2 and a half months already... it's crazy. I've met a lot of really awesome friends! I recently got involved with a small group of girls from the church I've been attending, and they're all AWESOME! They're all young, single, professional women... just like me! :) I've been really blessed with all of the people I've met down here, I don't feel lonely at all.

So anyway, as for plans for the future. I've pretty much decide to stay in my same apartment complex (my lease is up in December, and if I want to re-sign, I should do it soon). It's going through a 6 million dollor renevation, so if I stay my rent is going up $120 a month, but it's pretty cheap right now, and for the size of it, it will STILL be cheaper than others around Atlanta. Plus everything in my new apartment will be NEW! I saw the new model and the entire kitchen is new (cabinets, flooring, all appliances) and everything else throughout the apartment is new (windows, floors, carpet, walls), so I'm pretty excited to stay... until June at least. My job has gotten a bit better... the children aren't as crazy as they were at first and I'm getting to actually like them! The school isn't that much better though, but I've found that I'm not the only one who feels this way... so it makes me feel better that I'm not alone. In the spring I've decide to apply to Fulton County Schools, which is the county I live in right now, but it's not inter-city, and a lot of the schools are in middle-upper class neighborhoods, which I SO NEED right now. I'm burnt out with the inter-city kids, this is my third year... I'd be taking a pay cut, but not a significant one, and I think I'd be A LOT happier, so hopefully I can get a job somewhere in Roswell or Alpharetta... I REALLY want to move there.

My Mom, Rachel, and Natalie are coming to visit in 2 and a half weeks! I'm SO pumped for that! They're staying a full week... I can't WAIT to see Natalie. Her birthday is the 17th, I can't believe she's going to be 2 already! Since I've turned 21-22, time has seriously flown by... I can't believe I'm going to be 25 in March, that's crazy to me! Anyway, I don't have any new pictures because they are all on a disposable camera that I need to get developed, but when I do I will post some. It has a bunch of pics from when I went out with my friends from work to Buckhead (that was crazy!) and some of my class, and some from when I went to see Phantom this past week with Allison. I promise to be better about posting from now on... I've never been this busy in my life, but that's a really good thing, I feel important :) hahahahaha... I miss everyone in Michigan!!!!!! and the few friends sporatically placed around the country... love you guys, we'll talk soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I was just about to give up on you. You know how I check your blog all the time to see what's up. Glad everything is working out. Slowly but surely it will all be fine! Miss ya....