Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I *thought* I was starting my Bakeathon with some yummy carrot cake cupcakes, but I had my lovely Aunt and Mom over for dinner and my Aunt is not a carrot cake fan (gasp! I know!), so I started the month off with this recipe that I found over at This Chick Cooks. I usually adapt most recipes to make them more nutritional, to use the ingredients I actually have, or to add/omit any ingredient I'm not too fond of. However, this recipe I pretty much followed to a T (except for maybe adding a tad more dark chocolate)! It was super easy to throw together and I had all of the ingredients on hand. These are SO YUMMY (and good for you)! They are pretty rich, so pour yourself a big glass of milk and eat away...

First, you start with peanut butter - I always use natural, organic.

 Then, oatmeal, vanilla, white whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, an egg and dark chocolate chunks.
 Don't forget the honey...

 And, most importantly, a big glass of wine (this one's for you...)

 Mix all of the dry ingredients & then all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (minus the wine - just drink that). Combine both mixtures and hand mix until combined. Get ready to scoop!



 After baking, you get these yummy, delicious cookies! SOOOOOOO GOOD!



Peanut Butter  Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24-36 cookies

3/4 c whole wheat flour (I used white, whole wheat flour)
3/4 c oats  (I pulsed these in a coffee grinder into a fine powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c dark chocolate chips or chunks (I used chunks)

Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Pour the wet stuff into the dry and stir just until combined.

Cool the bowl in the fridge for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350.

Drop level tablespoons of batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or baking mats. These cookies really don't spread so if you want a flatter cookie, simply press the top down a little using a fork and bake for 8-12 minutes. Be careful to watch these. Once they look set they are done. The bottoms will brown quickly when you're cooking with honey.