Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Favorite Things - October Edition

1. You know how people say when you have a child, you immediately cannot remember what your life was like beforehand? How everything has changed wonderfully, for the better? Well, I agree. However, I would also apply this statement to my recent purchase of the iPhone 4S. I will admit, I didn't "get" why everyone was so gaga over a phone. I'm not one that is super techy, or even cares that much about it really... but, this phone seriously rocks. I can call, text, shop, take pictures, manage my life, etc. If you're current phone plan is up soon, I HIGHLY recommend getting an iPhone. But, if its not, wait because paying $500+ for a phone makes my head hurt. We were lucky to purchase ours when our plan was up, with a few rebates, on sale. Makes this phone even more awesome to me ;)

2. Almost every, single fall Yankee Candle scent. I'm seriously obsessed. They smell SO GOOD! My new favorites are Pumpkin Buttercream, Apple Cider, Autumn Wreath, Spiced Pumpkin & Red Apple Wreath. I'm usually really sensitive to smells. I easily get headaches from the oil burners, certain perfumes, etc. but, Yankee candles always smell super yummy to me without being too strong. YUM!

3. I've been on a cooking, baking, baby food making kick lately. Everyone says how great it is when you make your own baby food - AGREED! Not only is it much healthier for your baby, but SO much cheaper and, in my opinion, SO much easier than leaving your house, getting in your car, driving to the store, buying jars of baby food, going through check-out, then driving back home... There are hundreds of different food processors, baby bullets, baby steamers, baby food mills, but all I use is the Cuisinart Hand Blender and some ice cube trays. Making Macie's food takes less time than making food for Joey and I. I make a few batches of whatever I'd like to make once every few weeks, grind it up a bit with my hand blender, stick it in some ice cube trays, pop them out frozen into Ziploc freezer bags and I'm finished.

4. The Pampered Chef - Anything and Everything. I love their cookie sheets, muffin tins and bread pans, but I REALLY love all of their cookware toolskitchenware.You're going to pay a few $$ more than you would at Bed, Bath & Beyond, but everything lasts for years versus months and works SO much better. Have a party! Get it all for free!

5. Kroger - Mainly for their ever-increasing, kick-butt, organic selection and their $1 beer and wine specials. Self-explanatory! Oh, and I just found this cool link on their website on how to host a wine tasting party. How fun!!

6. Pinterest - If you haven't discovered this lovely website full of awesome ideas, do so. Its a procrastinators dream :)

No comments: