Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Banana Bread

So, with all the baking, cooking, Macie watching, digi scrapping, attempted cleaning and laundry washing, I've been bad about BLOGGING it all! Last weekend, I made banana bread. This is a recipe I got from my sister. It is SO YUMMY and uses a lot of bananas, which helps cut the fat without cutting the flavor or moisture. This is a MUST TRY for all and a super easy recipe to whip up in just a few minutes.

Gather flour, baking powder (I use aluminum-free), baking soda, sugar or Stevia, vegetable oil, cinnamon, RIPE bananas and an egg.


Mix all the dry ingredients and then all the wet ones. I mix by hand just until everything is incorporated then pour into a sprayed bread pan. SUPER easy!


Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 and then you will get this lovely deliciousness... 


YUM!


Only problem is... I baked this on Sunday and it was gone by Tuesday. Ugh. At least I used whole wheat flour!

Sissy's Banana Bread

1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I used white, whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup sugar (I used Stevia)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 medium ripe bananas - mashed
1 egg

I also added a 1/2 cup of organic, non-sweetened applesauce to the mix. Sometimes recipes can be a bit dry when using Stevia, so I added for extra moisture. This is optional! It would still be yummy without it!


5 comments:

Kris said...

YUM! banana bread is my favorite!! :)

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

yummmmm mine too! i love it.

you could maybe add my cheescake cupcakes to your list of recipes! it is NOT healthy. but you'll love them and they're super easy and quick!

http://hunny0202.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekend-yummy-missys-favorite.html

:)

Shauna said...

Kristin! You HAVE to try this recipe! It is soooooooo yummy and easy :)

Missy! I saved it!!! Will definitely make them around Christmas. That's when I do my non-healthy baking ;) LOL!

Missy said...

hahaaaaaaaaa