Monday, May 01, 2006

Computer Competency tests suck

So I had to take this test to update my teaching certificate back in February on my computer competency. I failed. oopps. How many 2nd grade teachers use Microsoft Access with their students on a daily basis? Not I. This Thursday is my retake and if I do not pass this time I have to take a $400 class in which I have to pay for out of pocket. Considering I really don't have money to pay my rent this month, I'm thinking I would rather jump off a building than pay $400. So wish me luck.

Some good news is that my sister finally sold her house! I am so excited for her, it was really a burden on her family. So now, she will be able to come visit in October because they won't be crazy broke like they have been for the past few months. I can't wait to see Natalie next month, she's probably doubled in size.

Joey and I are headed to Louisville on Friday. I am very excited to see Kimmy and to meet Matt. I cannot believe I haven't seen her since last April. We've never gone that long without seeing each other, not even when she moved to Missouri. I am very pumped.

Wednesday is Joey's birthday. I'm not quite sure what we're doing yet, but he deserves something special given the year he has had. I already gave him his present 3 weeks ago, but I still want to do something small... any suggestions?

I had a pricipal call me last week from Cherokee county (where I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to work). She was super awesome, but informed me that my teaching certificate is all messed up. I guess Michigan never forwarded my test scores over last JULY like they were suppose to, so now I have to wait up to 4 weeks to get it all straightened out. I am hoping I can sweet talk her into meeting me anyway by promising that I really did take my test 4 years ago and passed it! We will see... big prayers there.

Michelle's wedding shower was yesterday. I'm bummed I couldn't be there, but I'm going home to Michigan June 16th - July 2nd, so I will get to go to her bachelorette party! I'm very excited. I had to miss Aimee's last year because I moved, so I didn't want to miss another best friend's party. Knowing Michelle, it will be crazy :)

I can't believe this school year is almost over. Less than 4 weeks. I remember how miserable I was at the beginning of the year... I'm so glad I got past that. I really really really love my students even though I feel I'm always barking at them. 2nd grade is a great age when they aren't driving you crazy. The teaching position I'm trying to get from the principal previously discussed is for 3rd grade, which would also be fine by me. I actually think I like teaching, but then again, you've caught me on a good day.

I'm going to start atttempting to write in my blog more than once or twice a month, because when I come on I get annoyed having to write 500 pages of stuff that I've done over the past few weeks...

No comments: