Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's not that I'm lazy Bob...

Today is "Meet and Greet" at my school. Where all the parents and kids come to see who their teacher is and where their classroom is before school starts. This is a HUGE deal at my school. I've been working 12 hours+ everyday this week trying to get my room ready. Already, I can tell the VAST difference from this school to my experience last year. I think I'm going to be A LOT happier this year.

I'm at school, so I can't upload pictures of my classroom yet, but next week I will. I love posting before and after pics! Monday, Joey came to school with me and helped me punch out, hang up, and organize things. He's the best!

Georgia's Governor gave every teacher a $100 gift card for anything we need for school, and is not charging any sales tax this weekend for school stuff. Although I think this is great, I've already spent around $400 in the past month on school stuff alone, so $100 is really not making much of a dent... but at least I can go buy fun games and stuff I probably wouldn't have bought on my own. :)

I'm thinking of moving my blog to MySpace... although this one is prettier and I can upload pictures, more people are reading my MySpace instead... hmmmm... what to do...

3 comments:

Missy said...

$100 is better than zero. :)

Cat's Litterbox said...

Do not go to myspace!!! I read this!!! It's so much better-- don't give in to myspace!!!

Shauna said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA... I won't!!!