Monday, January 16, 2006

The reality of jobs, money, and all the other stuff you don't think about when you're 15. I miss being 15.

So my weekend was pretty low-key. It was nice that I had today off work because of MLK day. Aimee called me on Saturday to inform me of 7 job openings for next year in a school district around Ypsilanti. My first thought of course was no way... even though I hate working in Georgia because I'm convinced they HATE teachers here, I was feeling that I couldn't leave Joey. So it would be nice if I could just forget about it and go on with my miserable job here. But I can't, and after a brief 30 second conversation of which my boyfriend told me to apply for it (can you believe it?!?!?), I'm definitely applying to Michigan schools for next year now.

I may not even get anything there, and am still planning on applying here in Cherokee county. So, who knows??? I'm conflicted as to what I should do, but feel I need to once in my life put my own needs as a priority. Whatever, I'm feeling pretty miserable right now. I came home to my entire apartment strongly smelling of paint fumes because they are redoing the apartment below me. This isn't helping my 5 day long migrane that I'm having.

On a lighter note... I actually did do a few fun things this weekend. Saturday night we went to Joey's parents to play Bunko. It was SO MUCH FUN. My mom said that she hasn't heard of that game in 30 years, but I guess it's big down here. People have parties and stuff just to play it. Anyway, I had some killer beginners luck and Joey and I cleaned house :) Sunday was a pretty lazy day because I hung out with Joey at Discount Nutrition, but this morning we woke up early and went hiking at Red Top Mountain. I think we both were in the mood for a more challenging hike than it turned out to be, but it was still really nice to get outside. I'm ready for spring already. I'm so spoiled because it's only January and already in the 50s and 60s and I'm complaining. Maybe I shouldn't move back to Michigan...

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'm insane... I do want to move back to Michigan, but I just don't think it's going to happen for next school year. I really do love it here, I just know I would love my job A LOT more if it was in Michigan. AND I'm insane, and Joey doesn't want me to go... I was just being sensitive (shocker). I miss you so much though! I love that you are looking out for me... you are a treasure!