Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dad's visit

So, I said that I wasn't writing again until something remotely fun and/or interesting happens. Well, my dad called me last Wednesday night and asked me what I was doing for the weekend. I said nothing, so he told me he was coming to visit on Friday! Very fun.

Friday night, me, my dad, and Joey went to dinner. I was so excited for him to meet Joe! They hit it off immediately... not that I had any doubts... Saturday, the three of us went to Stone Mountain. I've been meaning to go to Stone Mountain since I moved here, but haven't had the time. I'm SO GLAD Joey suggested it! It was beautiful, and the weather couldn't have been nicer. See pics below. After Stone Mountain we went shopping for a bit, then headed home to drop my dad off... we tired him out. Then me and Joe went to the Gwinett Gladiators game. The Gwinett Gladiators are a minor league hockey team here in Georgia. They are AWESOME! The game totally rocked. They are my new favorite Georgia team! I think I'm going to be cheering for them more than the Thrashers this year... we can also go to as many games as we'd like because the tickets are $16 on ice level which I can totally afford. Next month we're going to the Thrashers vs. Wings game downtown. I'm extremely excited for that... and even though I spent a TON of money on the tickets, I'm sure it's going to be worth it!

Joe has 4 and a half days left of his preceptorship. It's like student teaching for nurses. I'm SO EXCITED for him to be finished! It hasn't been the most pleasant experience, and he's done so awesome. I can't wait for him to have a normal schedule and not work on Sundays anymore... we can actually enjoy our weekends fully :)

I go back to Michigan in a week! WHOO HOO!!!!!!! I am so pumped. I can't wait to see all of my friends :) Christmas will be even better to be home because I can actually stay more than 5 days. Ok, I'm so tired I can't think straight. I hate how it's pitch black at 6:30 in the evening, and my body makes me think it's like 11pm. Yuk. Anyway, I should go spend some QT with my dad. He's leaving in the morning. It was so great to see him!

P.S. I bought my Christmas tree today!!!! It's so going up RIGHT NOW!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.