Saturday, July 23, 2005

Kimberley's visit

I had SO MUCH FUN this week when Kimberley and Mike were here! Mike basically had no free time from his conference that ran from 7am-7pm everyday (yuk) so Kim and I hung out most of the time and did some touristy things while trying to stay out of the 95+ degree, 90% humidity weather (again, yuk). Tuesday after she flew in we met Michael for dinner and went to a pub downtown... I met a bunch of people that were from the U.K. here on business, so I felt like I was back in London again :) Wednesday, Kim and I went shopping all day, then I found out my school switched my grade level, so I will be teaching 2nd grade this year instead of 1st... yippee. At lease Aimee and I are teaching the same grade now! Anyway, as I was saying... Thursday we laid out by the pool and went to Midtown at night with Mike and a bunch of people from his conference. Yesterday, we went to the World of Coke which is supposedly one of Atlanta's best tourist attractions... then we went to the Underground and walked around a bit before heading home. Inbetween all of that running around this week Kimberley made me laugh so much that my stomach hurt :) She's a great friend and I'm SO HAPPY I got this opportunity to spend so much time with her. I miss her already! I can't wait for everybody else to come visit! BF Kimmy from KY is suppose to come with her new stud of a boyfriend that I CANNOT wait to meet sometime in August... and I believe my friend Jayme is coming to visit around the same time, so I should be a busy girl! I start teacher training on Monday ALL DAY so it should give me a small glimpse as to how this year is going to go. Wednesday I might go to the Braves game because Allison (my awesome next door neighbor who I LOVE) might be able to get company tickets from her work if nobody else wants them. I hope I get to go, they are PSYCHO about baseball down here! Go Braves! Enough gabbering, until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here I am, home 5 min. and checking your blog. I had so much fun! I hope to do it again soon! This time without so much drama! :(
Anyway, thanks for being a great host and keep me updated on this blog!
Love ya