Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I'm a busy girl!

So the school year has begun... I started teacher training on Monday and will continue for the next 2-3 weeks until the kids come on August 15th. I can't believe summer vacation is over already! Michigan starts a lot later... but at least I'll be done in May! Training has been REALLY boring so far, BUT I'm getting paid, and even better, I've met some AWESOME people! A lot of people are my age and new to Atlanta, which is so exciting because I'm not the only one. I really do love it here so far. I miss my mom and my friends at home of course, but it's been a lot easier being here than I anticipated. This city has so much going on all the time! I've just dusted the surface... Friday I'm going to a Braves game with Allison and Saturday we're going to the Wynonna concert. I found the COOLEST place while walking down Peachtree last week, it's called the Shakespeare Tavern. They have a bunch of Shakespeare plays year round AND it's a tavern (hence the name), so not only do I get to see a lot of awesome plays, I also get to drink while watching them, which brings me back to the good ol' London days... I'm going to try to go to every play they have! I met up with my friend Meghann yesterday who moved to Georgia also from Michigan. She was in my MSU intern program last year. She lives about an hour and a half away from me, but is in Atlanta almost every weekend because one of her good friends lives here. I'm so happy I'm meeting friends and keeping busy! Not that I didn't think I would, but of course everyone gets anxious about that stuff. I'm so blessed to have had this opportunity to move down here! I know it's only been a month so far, but I already feel like this is really what I was meant to be doing at this point in my life. I'm a very happy girl right now, and am excited to share this experience with everybody I love! So, come visit all! Oh yes... also, my spring break is wacky this year. It's not the week after Easter like everybody else... it's March 31-April 9. So here's the deal: I REALLY want to go somewhere this year considering I actually have a good paying job and at last can afford it :) Only problem is I'm friends with basically teachers that have Spring break around Easter. BUMMER! So if anybody wants to go anywhere with me and can go during that time, LET ME KNOW! Ok, I'm off to bed, I have to wake up at 5:30am everyday, ugh... traffic in Atlanta is as bad as you have heard, maybe even worse, and it takes about an hour to get ANYwhere you want to go, especially during rush hour, thus I have to get up at 5:30am... double ugh! Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well thanks for updating me, you know I need to know what's going on! Glad to hear that you are happy! Miss you! Hey do you have the rest of those pics on shutterfly yet?