Saturday, September 10, 2011

What teachers really want to tell parents....

I shared this article on my Facebook page yesterday, but I wanted to re-post here. I miss teaching. I miss the kids that need me. I miss seeing the growth in their learning. I miss Christmas activities and Readers Theater and anything and everything that brings out that sparkle in a child's eyes. I, however, unfortunately, do not miss the parents. This article explains why. I was blessed in the 7 years I taught to come across a handful of parents that were completely supportive and encouraging. Some of these have even brought tears to my eyes with their beautiful words about my efforts. Unfortunately, the majority of parents I've encountered are described in this article. I think it is a must read for every parent with school aged children. I love Ron Clark for writing it!

What Teachers Really Want to Tell Parents

No comments: