Thursday, March 04, 2010

And so it begins... again...

Yes. I admit it. I Googled my name. Not like everyone and anyone hasn't... but I actually had a purpose. Once again, in the midst of my late-night scrapbooking session, I recalled Joey's interpretation of his marriage proposal, documented on our "knot" wedding website. Being that I am currently scrapping our engagement, I thought that including his already written, quite humorous may I add, interpretation would be a lot easier to copy & paste into my journaling box, rather than me actually having to think of something clever to write at 12:54 am. Hmph. So what was that website again? I know! I will Google my name. Surely it will come up!

Alas, it did not. However, something else did... my long-lost blog. The knot website search will have to wait.

Its been almost four years since my last post. I've come across my blog from time to time throughout the past four years, thinking my blogging days were over. Until tonight. Reading over my previous posts from long ago, I found myself feeling so grateful that I was able to document such an important time in my life. Finally being an adult, on my own, with a career, after a move across the country in which I knew no one, meeting my husband, etc., etc. Also... I was pretty cool (am pretty cool??). Not that my point here is to toot my own horn. I am absolutely fine with no one else thinking I am cool... or even reading this blog. But, with age, comes maturity and hopefully, wisdom. My five years of maturity/wisdom/whatever you want to call it, makes me think... what the hell was I thinking?? I cannot believe I moved across the country, by myself, with no friends, family, ANYone. This is something that I most definitely would not do today. Scary, right? Crazy? Ummm yes. But, it was still pretty cool, and I am so glad I did that. Also, very glad those years will forever be preserved in the Google-verse.

So why begin blogging again? I am no longer a young adult (definitely not an old one though), I currently do not have a career (ahem, unemployed), and I no longer live in the strange and foreign land of Georgia. After getting engaged November of 08, Joey and I decided to move back to Michigan. We knew we wanted to get married here, and quite frankly, after 4 years, I was homesick. Which is pretty laughable to most of my friends who have never moved out of Michigan... and to most EVERYone in Georgia who can not really fathom living in a state that snows on a regular basis and mostly consists of Democrats. But alas, it is home.

So it begins... again. Its kind of like a "skinny" picture from college. I look back and think, wow, I looked good. Why the hell didn't I think I looked that good at the time? I didn't think I was particularly cool for moving across the country. I was just pumped about my first, real, salary. No more $5.50 an hour! Whoo hoo! I'm going to be RICH! Right? Hahahahahahahaha, rich. A TEACHER, rich. Uncontrollably laughing... Again, with the wisdom. So, the point. I am hoping that 5 years from now, I will think my current state of unemployment, while paying bills on two houses and rapidly approaching 30, is cool.

My blog, will be my forever skinny picture from college... hopefully.

5 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

You captured exactly why I continue my blog. I love to go back and read it and analyze it and really reflect upon it. I have been able to really grow as a person and laugh at myself in ways that I wouldn't have been able to do without my blog.

Keep it up for sure-- you'll have one reader for sure!! ;)
>^..^<

Steve and Cat Walker said...

It's me again... I thought I'd comment as my other blog so that you can follow that one too if you want!!
>^..^<

Missy said...

lol i was just thinking about how i just dropped everything and moved to california and how crazy that probably sounds to some people. and here i've done it 3 times now. moved here, moved to dc, then moved back here. lol

Missy said...

also....welcome back to blogging! :)

Cori Kozak said...

You've got to keep it up now - I'm following you.....
hee hee! Hugs from down South!